We’re back! Join us as we engage in a high-level discussion on the different views of collective and intergenerational punishment in the Bible.
- What does God and Abraham’s conversation on Sodom tell us about justice?
- How is the problematic nature of collective punishment portrayed in the Hebrew Bible?
- What problems does the concept of intergenerational punishment “solve” for its ancient audience?
- How do Ezekiel and Jeremiah differ in their attitude to the idea that punishment lasts over generations?
- What are the basic differences in the biblical attitude(s) toward collective and intergenerational punishment?
I’m glad to be back with you! Please leave your questions or comments below.